1. Learn about yourself
2. Develop basic skills and experiences
3. Explore career options to gain focus
4. Develop skills and strategies for an effective job search
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Initiative and work ethic (most often based on resume content, understanding of job requirements and researching the company before an interview)
• Ability to work well in teams
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Flexibility (ability to adapt to employer needs)
• Computer and technical skills
• What Can I Do With This Major?
• This resource will help you identify common career choices based on majors.
• The Occupational Outlook Handbook
• This on-line resource has information about hundreds of jobs, including the education required, earnings, job prospects, nature of the work and working conditions.
• O*Net Online
• The O*NET system serves as the nation's primary source of occupational information, defining key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations.