The Friday of homecoming week has become a special day of the year when selected alumni are invited back to campus to speak to students about their careers, the future of the job market in their chosen field, and to offer insight into their profession. Many departments have alumni back throughout the year, which is always encouraged; however, during homecoming week, ETSU makes special efforts to recognize this type of alumni involvement. We appreciates the accomplishments of our alumni, and hope alumni will visit the campus to participate as guest professors and to enjoy other homecoming activities. Our current students will benefit from insights you may provide.
Some questions which panelists may encounter from students include:
- How did you choose your career path?
- In the current economic climate, what is your best advice for job seekers?
- What do you look for in a candidate when hiring?
- What methodologies have you used since leaving ETSU to expand your professional network?
- What is the best decision you made as a student at ETSU?
- What implications did this decision have on your future career/employment?
- What classes did you find especially helpful to you as you launched your career?
- What is a typical day like in your chosen field/industry?
- What are key strategies for success during the first year on a new job?
- How have your experiences at ETSU impacted your career - short term and long term?
If you are interested in serving as a "guest lecturer" as part of Alumni Return to the Classroom event, call the ETSU Alumni Office at (423) 439-4218.
The ARTC program was established as part of ETSU's 75th anniversary celebration in 1986.